Position: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Upstate New York
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will be a key, objective source of advice and counsel to the CEO. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
Our client is a U.S. based international developer/builder of single-family housing mostly in developing nations.
- C.P.A. degree or M.B.A. in finance from an accredited college or university.
- At least 10 – 15 years’ experience of progressively greater responsibility with start-up businesses, including 5 – 10 years’ senior leadership experience in Finance organization. MUST HAVE SOME INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE!
- Experience working with executive teams.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial information clearly to a layperson audience.
- Skill with Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel).
- Experience acting as a financial controller.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to develop and manage own team.
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field; MS/MA/MBA is a definite plus.
- Must be willing to travel extensively to developing nations where the company does business