Position Available: Development Manager
Location: Southern California
This is a newly created position due to major growth on the West Coast! The company is poised to double in size over the next few years and they are looking for a Development Manager that can work hand in hand with the Development Partner on the West Coast. This is a great opportunity to be mentored by and grow with the Development Partner/company.
The Development Manager will be involved in all aspects of the development process for self-storage properties throughout the West Coast. The Development Manager will navigate the entitlement process, lead design teams/consultants, and lead projects from concept through occupancy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead design and consultant teams on multiple projects from concept to construction permit.
- Underwriting, budgeting, scheduling, and coordination of developments.
- Management of entitlement process and City interface.
- Support due diligence for prospective land purchase for developments.
- Hire design consultants, engineers, legal team for each project.
- Create and manage project schedules from concept design through start of construction.
- Coordinate with local government, designers, and consultants to manage the permitting and bonding process.
- Manage soft cost and hard cost budgets through development and construction to meet project level goals
- Oversee budgets and schedules for projects during construction.
Company Info: Progressive owner, manager and developer of a diverse portfolio of real estate to include multifamily and self-storage properties. They are well capitalized and actively growing portfolio through acquisitions and development. Properties are currently located throughout the Southeast, Sunbelt, and West Coast regions.
Ideally 4-5+ years’ experience in commercial real estate development. Highly prefer candidates with Self-Storage or Industrial development experience.
Experience working with project permits and entitlements, design coordination, working with consultants, construction oversight, etc.
Strong analytical and presentation skills. Detail-oriented and highly organized.