Position: Director of Preconstruction
Location: Charleston, SC
The Director, Preconstruction supports and manages all new projects and works closely with the Company’s Development Team through the preconstruction process including proposals, budgeting, estimating, scheduling, value analysis and design management.
World class, progressive owner, manager, and developer of a diverse portfolio of real estate.
- Four year degree in engineering, construction management, building construction, or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred with a minimum of 6 to 10 years of estimating and preconstruction experience. Solid knowledge and understanding of the development and new construction business, with a concentration in Multi-Family construction, from both a technical standpoint, and from a project management standpoint.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop and understanding of the owner/architect requirements with a demonstrated imaginative, innovate and succinct approach to a project.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Experience in Timberline, On- screen Take-off, scheduling and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, construction-related, and human resources documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.