Position: Director of Property and Asset Management
Location: East Bay, CA
The Director of Property and Asset Management is a key member of the executive team, reports to the COO and will have direct access to the Board of Directors. The position oversees property management and asset management of a varied real estate portfolio that includes several affordable housing buildings in the East Bay, as well as a small portfolio of mixed-use retail, community service, parking lots and commercial spaces. This position will be responsible for financial modeling and forecasting for the portfolio. They will also oversee the daily operations and compliance for the property management division and be critically involved in strategic planning and P&P creation as the company grows through third party management.
A 50+ year old, minority founded, mission oriented, nonprofit organization in the Oakland, CA area, with over 250 employees. They provide services and programs that improve the quality of life for residents in their communities. They boast a variety of community services, including the development and management of affordable housing projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of property management, asset management or comparable experience, with at least 3 years in affordable housing.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong analytic skills, including proficiency in Excel and financial forecasting tools and pro-formas
- Experience with HUD housing programs, particularly the HUD 202 program, and familiarity with housing programs requiring restricted income/restricted rent funding.
- Experience with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
- Ability to present to large groups
- Experience with new development/rehab projects.
- Supervisory experience.