Position Available: Senior Vice President of Property Management
Location: Position can work remotely (prefer candidate be located in the Northeast, Midwest or Mid-Atlantic
This person will oversee and direct all management operations for the company’s 16K unit affordable housing portfolio.
Our client is a Northeast-based Owner, Developer, and Manager of a national affordable housing portfolio.
- Minimum fifteen plus (15+) years’ progressive experience in the property management industry with demonstrated leadership success in directing multiple regional managers and properties.
- Past 4-7+ years in either “the senior-most property executive role reporting to ownership/investors or the #2 role supporting the head of management at least indirect interface and responsibility/accountability to ownership/investors.
- Previous, preferred experience having worked for a privately-held, for-profit affordable housing owner/manager or fee management firm with a substantial presence in affordable housing. Commensurate with this experience they will have strong command of all prevailing state and Federal affordable housing finance programs, corresponding compliance and general appreciation for the technical, political and social nature of this industry and resident base alike.
- Demonstrated (written, verbal and financial reports) experience on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to internal/external sophisticated equity and debt partners both from a standpoint of explaining and then taking personal responsibility/accountability for future and past tactical property plans along with corresponding performance expected or resulting from such efforts
- Has either already performed/communicated or strongly desires to have executive management “seat at table” and feels confident in decision making to advise CEO, EVPs and other ownership/stakeholders at the company despite differing opinions and/or constructive criticism.
- Strong leader of people as demonstrated by staffing rates for new/add property management staff as well as ability to discuss training programs/initiatives and generally evidenced by a “following” of key middle managers loyal to this candidate.
- Has had strong supervisory, management experience with support functions such as compliance, leasing, marketing/PR, facilities maintenance/engineering reporting, property accounting.
- Strong property management financial and accounting skills.
- Ability to develop and manage other PM-related projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- CPM designation preferred