Position Available: VP of Construction
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Vice of Construction will oversee a designated region’s multifamily construction program and be responsible for coordinating the office and field personnel in conjunction with the President of Construction. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Company’s Development Team and be responsible for supporting pre-construction activities, maintaining relationships with partners, lenders and consultants.
- Manage the efforts of both Company construction teams and that of hired 3rd party General Contractors.
- Manage all aspects of client reporting of project costs, schedule compliance and quality control using various types of reporting systems.
- Participate in and take a leadership role in all aspects of the development, preconstruction and construction phases of projects.
- Direct value engineering efforts to achieve efficiencies in construction costing.
- Oversee the bidding process, selection of and negotiations with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recruit, assign and manage as necessary, operations teams for multiple projects.
- Ensure the various construction operations secure and maintain all required and necessary licensing and insurance.
- Participate and play an active role in Executive and Management team building.
- Maintain good and proper working relationships with Associates, Subcontractors, Vendors, Consultants, Investors, Lenders and other industry counterparts.
- Manage the regional business unit as a separate division and be accountable for overall P&L, overhead and business operations.
- Administer to, approve and oversee regional construction management team budgets including salaries and office expenses in accordance with Company policies and reporting requirements.
- Meet with property management as necessary to ensure appropriate product turnover quality.
- Prioritize and ensure compliance with Company safety and risk management policies and practices.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in construction procedures, building codes, estimating, budgeting, scheduling and safety practices.
- Taking a leadership role in responding immediately to emergencies and acts of God that may have impacted either projects under construction or completed
- All other duties as assigned.
Company is one of the largest multifamily developers in the country. They originally formed in 10 years ago by industry executives who have spent decades innovating and building some of the most high-profile multifamily properties in high growth US markets. They have a tremendous corporate culture that supports their team members and encourages new ideas. There are many opportunities to grow!
Bachelor’s or Post-graduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Business Management. Significant and applicable prior experience in a similar position may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum of 15 years Construction experience including business operations and preconstruction.
Career focused in the construction industry, particularly high density residential property development.
Job Cost and Schedule Management.
Prior Business Unit/Profit & Loss management experience is preferred.
Prior experience managing at least 4 to 6 direct reports and 2 to 4 projects simultaneously.