Position: Construction Manager
Location: New York, NY
The Construction Manager will proactively manage all aspects of the construction contract as owner’s representative starting with contract bidding and negotiation through to final completion and financing conversion. The Construction Manager will work primarily on the construction site and serve projects in the greater New York City metropolitan area.
Our Client is a leading development company with over 30 years in operation and serving New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in management of new construction and rehabilitation with a general contractor, preferably also experience with a housing developer.
- Experience with mid-rise/high-rise apartment construction. Market rate rental experience is a plus.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills – strong familiarity and working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with public/private financing of housing inclusive of tax credits and other subsidy programs is a plus