What Renters Really Want
Apartment Guide did a deep dive into what renters are really looking for. Here’s what they found out:
- Most renters are moving to save money (37%) or be closer to work(32%).
- Price and neighborhood top the list of what renters take note of.
- The most desired amenity is a washer and dryer in the unit.
- 67% of renters will lease a significantly smaller place for a better location.
Multifamily Leveling Off in 2019
Multifamily housing topped the charts in 2018. This year is expected to return to normal, stable levels at about 379,000 units according to the National Association of Home Builders.
- NYC is going after AirBnb. Mayor Deblasio is demanding that Airbnb hand over all of its listing data in an attempt to make “sure there’s not illegal hotels.“
- Host Hotel is making moves in Miami. The luxury hotel brand just purchased 1 Hotel South for a crisp $600m. That comes out to $1.42m per room.
- Walmart is making a run at Amazon. The retail giant saw e-commerce sales grow by 40%. Walmart’s key to success? Diversification. Customers have the ability to shop online and in person whether its groceries, furniture, gadgets, etc.