Position: Construction Asset Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
The Construction Asset Manager (CAM) will be primarily responsible for planning and executing apartment capital projects and renovations throughout the United States working closely with Project Management and Asset Management. Duties will include but not limited to evaluating physical asset conditions, assessment of rehabilitation scopes, develop and overseeing execution of capital expenditures, renovation plans, provide direction to 3rd party management companies, general contractors/vendors ensuring the success of the capital projects, assisting with the review of annual budgets and quarterly financials (related to expense and capital plans), and additional ad hoc investment analysis and construction asset management as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of apartment construction and operations/maintenance standards, along with an understanding of HUD REAC and Physical Uniform Condition Standards.
Established 15+ years ago, company is an owner, investor and developer of affordable, multifamily housing across the US. They currently manage a portfolio approaching 7,000 units and have added 2,500 units in the last 16 months! Company has a great mission, team and culture and they are committed to providing quality affordable housing and community renewal initiatives.
- 5+ years of progressive Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) multifamily housing experience with a focus on construction/capex to include evaluating asset conditions, assessment of rehabilitation scopes, developing and executing capital expenditures, renovation plans, assisting with budgets and financials, etc.
- Highly accountable, able to take ownership, meet deadlines and have strong follow up skills.
- Able to manage up and provide senior management with quantitative progress reports.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite, and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.