- Last week, we mentioned that co-living spaces are starting to gain some traction. Family-focused apartments could be the next thing. Tishman Speyer and Common are partnering up to launch family friendly apartments. These apartments will feature common spaces, geared to specific age groups. Child care will be readily available and stroller parking will be a breeze.
- Amidst growing concern of a slowing U.S. economy, the Federal Reserve canceled plans to raise benchmark interest rates in 2019. Buyers are expected to take advantage of lower rates and get more aggressive with larger loans.
- The Cincotta Cos. sold a 31-unit, luxury multifamily property in South Boston to Corcoran Management Co. for $25m, or $806,451 per unit.
- CBD coming to a CVS near you. The pharmacy giant recently signed a deal with cannabis retailer, Curaleaf Holdings to carry topical CBD products in 800 stores and on the CVS website.
- Paragon Commercial Group isn’t scared of the so-called “retail apocalypse.” The Los Angeles based company plans to invest $500m in retail properties over the next 18 months in California.
- The Shaq attack! With Domino’s eyeing up national domination, Papa John’s is mixing things up by endorsing Shaquille O’ Neal. In exchange, Shaq will receive $8.3m in cash and stock over the next 3 years (and all the pizza his 7’1 body can stomach).
Real Talk is brought to you by Real8 Group, a real estate executive search firm. To learn more, click here.